Deciding on a blog name is hard

Sunday, May 3, 2015

     So... here I am, just like every other 20-something-year-old starting a blog. I wanted to jump on the blog bandwagon to share the adventures of my life post college. Over the next year I know I am going to have a lot of new and exciting changes. To start out, I am graduating from the University of Utah in 5 days with a degree in Psychology and a minor in Business. All I can say is that I am so grateful to be finished with taking tests, and turning in pointless homework to teachers that don't even like me very much.

    With graduating and being from a different state I have come to realize that though I am excited to be finished with pulling all-nighters, I am going to miss the life I have created in Utah the past 3 years. I am going to miss the late night adventures with my sorority sisters, snuggling in my bed all day watching Netflix with my best friends, the weekend get-a-ways, and the fraternity formals/date nights/parties. I have been in the sorority Alpha Phi since I started college, and it has taught me so much. Not just how to plan a date night, where to get my hair cut and which sister has the best shoes to borrow, but how to be a better me. Alpha Phi has changed me for the better, and I am so grateful for all of the life lessons I have received from becoming a member a short four years ago.

      A little bit about me though. I am 22 years young from Northern California. I have two brothers and a younger sister who are all my pride and joy. We are a family that loves deeply while enjoying the company of each other and close friends all over the world. I grew up singing and dancing while I was not always the best I loved being the in the spotlight as a sassy little girl. When I graduated high school in 2010, I took a gap year with Thinking Beyond Borders. We traveled to 7 different countries for eight months learning about various global issues while living with host families and exploring new cultures. While I was on my gap year, I was able to live with an indigenous tribe in Ecuador, Climb the Inca Trail to Macchu Picchu, and hang out on the Great Wall of China. After the most amazing year ever I decided to follow in my older brothers footsteps and go to the University of Colorado, Boulder (Go Buffs). I lived in the dorms, joined Alpha Phi, met some amazing friends, and became a true buff. Though my first year was fantastic, I decided I wanted something new. I transferred to the University of Utah the following fall and there, after changing my major 4 times, decided on studying psychology and minoring in business... and now here I am graduating in a few short days. I love to travel and explore, taking pictures, trying new and exciting foods, blended chai, hiking, skiing, instagraming, and dancing like no one is watching.

     Deciding on a blog name is hard... Seriously though. A few friends tried to help and came up with things like, mckin-dogs blog (even though no one calls me mckin-dog), McKinley travels, mckin travels through Paris and my favorite McKinley write a blog, none of them were what I wanted out of my blog. I want my blog to be about my stories and life... the good and the bad. Along with having a hard time coming up with a short cute and catchy phrase, everything that I start to like is already taken. I am not an incredible writer, but I want to be able to look back and see what I have done, and maybe share it with a few friends and family along the way. That is when I came up with Just One Girl. Obviously I am not a solo loser going off on my own throughout life I do enjoy being the goofy, fun, adventurous person that I am. Maybe tomorrow I will come up with something else that I like even more than just one girl, but I think it is pretty safe for now. Hopefully with creating a blog other people will be able to see how incredibly awesome my story is and will want to follow along.

     Here we go, starting in a few days I am going to be a new women with a new adventure, and hopefully you are ready to be a part of it.



    


No comments:

Post a Comment

Hayley Larue Design