What am I doing with my life?!

Thursday, May 21, 2015

Everyone keeps asking me what I am doing next in life… and I wish that I was one of those kids growing up that knew right off the bat what I wanted to be. As of right now I have the next 7 ½ months planned, but nothing more than that. Currently, I am sitting on an airplane flying to Europe to start the next chapter of my life.
My mom and I are traveling through Italy for the next eight days. We are going traveling for a few days in Rome, Capri, and Sorrento and then going on a Backroads trip through the Amalfi coast for five days. We are hiking and seeing the sites along the beautiful coastal areas.
From there I am going to Paris for a month to take my final class in my college career. We have class mon-thurs for a few hours and then are free the rest of the time to do whatever we want. As a class, we are going to Normandy for a weekend, but other than that, they house us in apartments with 3-5 students from the University of Utah, and we travel through Paris for a month!
After Paris, I am going Poland for six months. There I will be an Au Pair for a family from July until December. The family that I am living with is amazing. We have skyped/texted/talked on the phone a few times a week for the past month. They have two little kids (Girl-7 & Boy-5), love to ski, and best of all they love to travel. They are excited for me to come out to go on all of their family trips planned over the 6-month period.
Obviously I understand that this next adventure is not going to be all fun and games. There are going to be days where I want to go home and quit, but I also feel that this will be the perfect way for me to travel and see our amazing world. I will be able to grow from a life changing experience that most people do not get to have.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Hayley Larue Design