Oh Italy ...

Wednesday, June 3, 2015


     Wow. All I can say about Italy is WOW! We spent five days hiking the Amalfi Coast with a traveling company called Backroads. I had never traveled with an outdoor adventure travel company.  The handled everything from setting up our meals and hotels to making sure we have the proper attire for the day and having yummy snack or drink waiting for us in the middle of our hike somewhere. We hiked through Sorrento, Capri, Amalfi, Positano and so many cute little towns that we just passed through. There were breath-taking views, and we climbed to the tallest peak on Capri and along the cliffs of the coast. 

     On the first day after we did our first short hike around Sorrento, we made our way to the dock and took a beautiful sailboat ride to the island Capri. It wasn’t just any sailboat. Backroads do everything with style, and we took the prettiest wooden sailboat I have ever seen (I don’t know much about sailboats, but from what I have noticed it was unbelievable). Over the week we went to some of the oldest churches in Italy, had a pizza making lesson, ate tons of gelato, had some of the yummiest lemonade I have ever had, slept, and one of the best parts was that I got to do it all with my mom and 16 other super-fun people! 

     One of my favorite hikes that we did was on the island Capri. We took the cutest convertible taxis to the other side of the island and hiked from the bottom all the way up, ending with a beautiful lookout. At the top, there was a café and the Backroads leaders rewarded us all with the most delicious lemon/mint slush drink that I have ever had! It was sweet yet perfectly sour, and the fresh mint made it a drink that I will remember forever.  After resting at the highest point on the island, we took a peaceful single person chair lift down the mountain.


Lows
- I got sick for a few days after

High
+ Traveling with my mom
+ The food
+ That lemon slush drink that I just want to drink 24/7
+ All the way cool people that I met
+ Not having to carry my luggage anywhere
+ I am a pro pizza maker

 (All the coastal towns are so cute!)

 (Our transportation from the main land to the island of Capri)

 (On the sail boat ride! These 3 rocks/boulders(?) are super famous. The middle one has an arch (reminds me of Cabo) and it is suppose to be good luck to go through it.)

 (All the different boats on Capri)

 (I call this one: Goat on the ruin)

 (The single person chairlift that I was talking about earlier. It was so peaceful! If anyone goes to Capri they MUST ride this either up or down)

(the Amalfi coast is so beautiful. This is Positano!)

(Such an amazing trip all thanks to this lady!)

No comments:

Post a Comment

Hayley Larue Design